Sunday, June 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Anna - A Party Seal

Now for a few party items.  I'll start out with Anna's birthday card.  Since CAC is her favorite cart I decided to make the seal.  It was rather simple on my Gypsy.  I made the seal shadow as big as I could on a 12 x12 mat for TWO of the images.  I copied one and flipped the image so that I could put them back to back so to speak.  I then welded those images.  I then added the birthday hat from Celebration (again use the shadow image)  Next, i cut out the under layer of the seal in a white, and the upper layer in a gray from my Vintage Shabby paper of Tim Holtz.  I also cut out the party hat shadow in a DCWV pink, and used a flowery pink for the hat and trimed  in white.  At this point I took all white pieces and glimmer misted those.  Assembled the pieces (not attaching any of the top part of the hat - to give it a 3D look) and added some googly eyes.  Let's just say that she LOVED the card and so did everyone else!  This is why I started crafting in the first place - to save memories and make things special for my kids.  Hope you like!!  Also, any card that is done on my Gypsy I'm more then happy to give you the file...just email me at melissaforquer@gmail.com
Thanks and enjoy
Also, more party stuff to follow

2 comments: