Monday, June 14, 2010
Party Party Party
As promised here is all the fun party things from Anna's party. Her step grandpa made her an amazing birthday cake! I will post pics of that too when I get them on my computer. Her theme was turtle oddly enough and she insisted on pink and green. It was a good theme overall with a pool party I thought! The few things I made for the party were embellished with turtles from the Create A Critter cart. I cut out a bunch of little guys some with party hats and others without. I glued them to crayon boxes for each attendee. I also stenciled a little turtle to the gift bags - now this the funny part. We got these little gift bags from our local craft store but I know they have them at the dollar store too. My husband insisted to me that I could iron on them - but you know, they had this plasticy feel to them and said "are you sure". He asured me, oh yes the sign said you could. So, I had to take his word for it - yeah let's just say my iron is pink on the bottom now. So I cut the stencil out of wax paper anyhow, layed it down and stenciled without it being stuck to the bags. I worked, but the turtles didn't have a textured shell. I also took clear plastic plates and glued little turtles on the underside of the plates. I used Tombo Aqua glue and smeared them on the turtles tops and stuck them to the plates - easy I'd say, but if I'd do this again I would used a completely flat image because the layers on the turtle were harder to glue down. Enjoy!

What an adorable theme! You sure came up with cute stuff for the party. Moral is though, men no NOTHING about ironing! LOL xxD
ReplyDelete