Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just Me - Tiddly Inks Challenge

 Hi ya everyone!!!
  This weeks Tiddly Ink Challenge is a special one!  Remember our theme this month is to celebrate self - and the card for this week's challenge is supposed to be about YOU!!!  That's right - make a card that represents the wonderful person you are!  I have always felt like being a woman means you have multiple roles - so I represented the most obvious parts of myself in this card - it's really so easy to do with all the wonderful images at Tiddly Inks!  First, I colored the images As You Wish (my role as wife),
 Lullaby (my role as mother),
 and Geeky Gertrude (my working role as Scientist) in warm gray tones.
 I cut them with my circle nestable and set them aside.  Next, I colored Laura belle in some of my favorite colors - blue and pink.  I fussy cut her and set her aside. 
 I chose some Tim Holtz paper from the Vintage Shabby stack and a light pink from my Cricut card stock.  I made this card a 5x7 and therefore cut the light pink a bit larger then 4.75x6.75 and cut the Tim Holtz paper at that exact measurement.  Next, I cut more light pink with a larger circle nestable and used foam dots to pop the images off of the pink circle a bit off center. 
 I also computer generated sentiments for each of my roles.  I had some cute pink circle bling that I'd gotten awhile ago at the craft store and placed those on the Tim Holtz paper.  I then used more foam dots and popped up Laurabelle and the other images off of the paper.  I adhered each sentiment close to it's corresponding picture.  I love how the pinks and grays look together and I'm loving each of these adorable Tiddly Ink stamps!  Check out all the new and very cool images at Tiddly Inks here
Here's a  peak of just a few:

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to join the challenge at the Tiddly Inks Challenge blog this week where it's all about you!

14 comments:

  1. Melissa, I love this card! I love how it reflect back all the things you are to who you are! Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such a nice creation ! Lovely !
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just breathtaking, Melissa! Love how you did your roles in the gray tones. Truly a beautiful creation. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa this card is AMAZING!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is totally adorable! :) I love how you combine the images.....this is just perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa this is fab. Love all your images & the LO is fab.
    hugs
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwww this is so clever and adorable. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card! I love how you used all those images. I love how they are grayscaled and the image of "you" is colored! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa, I love this card! Especially your of the black and white images and color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty. I love how you've combined a colored image with the black/white images. Your coloring is beautiful, too. And with all these roles, you still have time to create beautiful projects. Do you ever sleep lol?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa this card is breath taking. Wow! I love love the color of the "me" hair. You are so talented. I think you should put this in a frame.

    Hugs,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melissa, your card is stunning! I love what you did with the challenge! Fabulous colouring!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're card is wonderful, I like it! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete