Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Birthday Bot for my Nephew

Hi ya everyone!
  Did you know that I got the Hi ya from my nephews?  They live so far away and I think I wish everyday that I was closer to my sister, her husband and their two boys so that my two girls would be able to play with them.  They live all the way in Ohio and my little family is all the way out here in Oregon.  I miss my family often (my Mom, Aunt, Mamaw, Dad and my sisters family).  It's so difficult some days that - well - it just hurts.  I rarely see any of them either as it's just too expensive to fly back and forth.  Hubby and I did scrounge some money this year for plane tickets for all of us (with the help of family of course).  Usually we get a visit from Mom and this year Dad even made a trip out.  It's hard on holidays and Easter will be no exception.  Anyhow, sorry to ramble - this card was made with so much love for my youngest nephew.  He will be 3 and he loves fixing things.  I think the first thing he knew how to do after walking was putting batteries in things!  So I had to make him a card using a robot!  I used this adorable one from Tiddly Inks called Dr. Love Boto (LOL) and can be found HERE.
I colored him with my Copics - the ones you see below - I added E55 too - but did that later once I had picked out papers.  I'm strange in that I like to color my image first then pick out papers.  I've tried the other way and it just doesn't work for me!  I usually color with a paper in mind but I don't pull it out and compare to my Copic chart. 

Once I colored him I used a nestable to cut him out and used my Copic Multiliner to draw a line around using the nestable as a guide.  I then colored the edges of the frame with the E08 and used the E55 to color the inside.  I did this so my papers from Cosmo Crickets stack called Wanted would match. 
Then on the inside I stamped three little cupcakes since he will be three!  We will all sign it and send it off to him - hopefully in time!!!
I layered a few papers from the Wanted stack and used another set of nestables to make the Happy Birthday sentiment.  I used the Happy Birthday from a clear set of stamps I have. 

Please don't forget to hug your family close and remember to be thankful for them everyday! 

Stop by Tiddly Inks today to purchase your own digital stamps!  We have a refer a friend bunny hop going on right now in which you and a friend COULD win some free digis!  All the details can be found HERE.  Also, look at Minnie - another SWEET image by Christy Croll...
 I LOVE her - big glasses and all.  Christy just released this in the shop and you can find her HERE with a special little treat too! 

8 comments:

  1. hiyah melissa, oh this is such a cute and gorgeous card hun, I love it. So sorry you are feeling a little sad hun, my dad,stepmum and little sister live in the seychelles and i miss them dearly, we cant afford to go there...probably ever so rely on him coming home once every couple of years, no visit this year though as money is so tight for a retired man :( huge hugs Lou xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boys and Bots .... your nephew is going to love this one! The blue you used for the Bot makes him pop against the more subtle shades in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card! And I am sure your nephew will love it! This is just perfect! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!!!! And such a fantastic card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is too cute and perfect for a little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable Melissa! Love the little cupcakes on the inside of your card!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card and it's layout is awesome! Sorry you are missing your family =( It's hard to live that far away.

    ReplyDelete