Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I LOVE Reading!!! - Tiddly Ink Challenge

Hi ya everyone!
  This week at the Tiddly Inks Challenge blog we are asking you to create a project inspired by a book.  I love this image from Tiddly Inks - Belle.
She so reminded me of Cinderella - and well it's just one of my all time favorite books.  I love her dress - it's a large open canvas for creativity and coloring! 
When I read I feel like the characters are stepping out of the book and acting.  Imagining the characters, the scenery and the life they lead really does take me to another place.  Christy is so fabulous and she drew up this fun open book image for a freebie this week - check it out here!!  I placed the book and Belle on a bit of DCWV paper.  Head over to the Tiddly Inks Challenge and join us - what book inspires you?

12 comments:

  1. So Cool! I think the girl is beautiful, but I really love the clock and the book layout! She really does look like she is coming right out of the page! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh supper cute Melissa! how cool is that book in the background. fab card and great theme too.
    emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, as usual,Melissa. The background is ingenious. Love how she's popping off the pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa this is AMAZGIN!!! She totally does look like she's jumping out of the book!!! Gorgeous job my friend!! Your coloring is outstanding!!

    XOXO
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!! I love the coloring, and that book is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa, this is so adorable...i can't wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Her dress is just gorgeous. You did such a wonderful job on the the folds and highlight. Wonderful, wonderful job. Love the little clock in the corner too, it's to watch the time, no need to turn back into a pumpkin unexpectedly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card I love how she just comes off the pages and the little clock. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super cute card Melissa! The stamp used is great, sooo cute and lovely, she's a perfect Cinderella!!
    Thank you for have been passed by my blog and for your sweet comment... I appreciated it so much!

    Hugs,
    Elena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa, this is fantastic! I love the way you colored her dress.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh hon, this is gorgeous! Love how you've used the book freebie and your coloring is beyond amazing. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Melissa, this card is sooo precious. Yes, I can it being inspired by Cinderalla!!! Love it!

    I love reading too, however, I can't even imagine a card being inspired by mystery stories... Heeeee-heeee!!!

    ReplyDelete