Thursday, January 4, 2018

Look on the Bright Side - Whimsy Stencil Release and SugarPea Designs

Hi ya everyone!  I created this fun card using the new stencils from Whimsy Stamps and an adorably underused set of stamps from SugarPea Designs!  I love these cute edison bulb lights.  They are so fun and the sentiments and sentiment fonts are just too perfect.  This card was very simple to make.  I started with a piece of Canson Watercolor Paper cut 4.25 x 5.5 inches.

I then took Sunflower Yellow Brilliance ink and inked up my craft mat.  Then I sprayed the ink with Frost Sheer Shimmer Craft Spray and ran the watercolor paper through the spray ink solution.  I got this gorgeous yellow shimmery background.  Once the paper was dry, I used the Lattice Stencil from Whimsy Stamps, the Sunflower Yellow Brilliance and a sponge dauber and inked the lattice pattern. I cut down the watercolor paper to a 4 x 5.25 at this point to remove some edges.


I think inked up my SugarPea Designs stamps with Versafine Black Onyx ink and stamped the sentiment and bulbs.  I then took my Shimmery Silver Delicate ink and double stamped the light bulbs for a shadow affect.  Had I to do over, I would have stamped the shadows first.  I then added some sparkle with sequence and mounted everything on a black piece of cardstock, then added all to a A2 base.

Products Used:
      

        

       

      





No comments:

Post a Comment