Sunday, April 10, 2011

Spring Garden - Thinking of You

 Hi ya everyone,
  I wanted to enter the iCopic challenge this week and was excited to try the challenge!  The challenge is to make a beautiful background.  I really wanted to use this new cling stamp I got at my local stamping store.  I used Memento black ink and stamped this image.  I then used my Copics and colored it - this took awhile but it was worth it.  I colored in my lightest color first then added striations and shading with my darker colors.  Finishing again with the light color to blend.  I love this stamp and can see me using more often for a number of cards.  Here are the Copics I used for the background.
I also colored this sweet Mo Manning stamp called Baby Flora Fairy with the above Copics and cut her out.  I added some Stardust Stickles to her wings as well.  I took some Tea Dye from Tim Holtz and added a bit of water and tried to shade the edges of her a bit too - it didn't work all that great and I didn't want to go darker - so I left it this way.
I stamped a sentiment "Thinking of You" on paper and drew a frame around and used Copics to color the outer edge of the frame.  I also colored a thin white ribbon with the darkest red Copic I used in the image to match.
 Last, I went around the background with my Stardust Stickles and added it to the dots and center of the background flowers.  I also want to enter this in the Digital Pencil 2 Challenge found HERE.  You have to check out the inspiration at DP2 - their design team is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and join the challenge "How Does Your Garden Grow?"

13 comments:

  1. You sure nailed this challenge! The background is so happy and the little fairy has been coloured to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW, Melissa! I was thinkin' that was gorgeous DP. Fabulous background and the Mo baby is the sweetest! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I really like that the flowers match the flower she's holding. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Gosh Melissa!!! This is so awesome!! It is beautiful!! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awwwww super cute melissa and wow for the papers hun!! hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melissa this is beyond amazing. Your coloring is always perfect. I love all the shading and contrast you used for the background image. The little girl, adorable. The way you colored her you really captured her chubby little feet. Love the stickles on the wings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Melissa...oh, how pretty!! I love this little fairy...and you've colored her beautifully! I love the stickles! And how perfect to have her sitting in the middle of all those fabulous flowers! Gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us for our fun challenge this week at Mo's.
    Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, Melissa. Where does all that talent come from. This card is gorgeous.

    I have an award for you on my blog. Please drop by to pick it up. http:dailygracecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely no doubt you should be on the design team You are a fabulous colorer I love love the background paper you made.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is VERY sweet!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo’s! Its been great having your company .
    Hugs,
    Dorcas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Melissa, this is so pretty. I love that background stamp ... those flowers are gorgeous. And Mo's image, well, I always love them! You did a great job. Good luck on the DT! Your coloring is always fabulous and you would be a great team member.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card. Love the background and the little fairy is adorable! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is lovely, Melissa! The colors are fantastic and I just love how youve placed your cutie there as if in the middle of a garden! Great coloring and papers too!
    Hugs, Iulia- new follower

    ReplyDelete