Thursday, May 26, 2011

Simply Hello - Meljen's Release

Hi ya everyone!
  It's my off week at Meljen's Designs this week but still wanted to share a card with you that I made.  But first the challenge this week is Kraft paper with one other color (besides white).  There are some sweet new images too - perfect for father's day:
All of these adorable images can be found HERE at Whimsy Stamps.
My friend Anita showed this gorgeous card on her blog a while back - click HERE...and well I fell it love with it - the white space is so gorgeous so I wanted to try my own. So I started with the sweet image from Meljen's called Tweet Heart Birds.  I printed them on my white X-press It and left enough space around the image to leave for white space on my card.  I then colored the sweet birds with these Copics.
Aren't they cute!?  I also added a few dots with my white gel role pen too!
I added a sentiment from my Clear and Simple stamps and colored the Hello with Copics as well. 
The I layered some matching cardstock.  That's it!!!  Love the simplicity.
This isn't as gorgeous as Anita's card - but the white space is sort of nice - don't ya think?  Join our challenge at Meljen's Designs this week - and why not grab a few images too!!!  If you can't afford any you should check out her FREEBIE section - she has more then anyone I know!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful in it's simplicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you so much for the compliment Melissa. I love your card. Those little blue birds are the cutest. I hope you and your family are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card! The blue is so pretty! How stinkin' cute is that poppa bear!?!? Can't wait to see your next one! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!!!! Those little birds are so cute.

    ReplyDelete