Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Dainty Card - Some Odd Girl's Dainty Kaylee

Hi ya everyone!
  This little cutie is a Some Odd Girl stamp called Dainty Kaylee and well she's been retired.  However, you can find lots of other Kaylee's right HERE.  I wanted to make this sweet card for a number of fun challenges as I don't get a chance to enter challenges anymore!
I used a fabulous sketch from Deconstructing Jen's sketch Challenge!  I also used the theme at Aud Sentiments - design for a girl.  Also, entering the Copic Creations Challenge because they have a PINK challenge going on and well I'm a sucker for pink!  iCopic Lover blog is having a glitter challenge so though it's hard to see I glittered her hair and eyes and also her dress.  I made my own flowers for this card using felt and my cuttlebug with a few spellbinders dies.  Because of this I was able to enter the Craft Your Days Away Challenge of make your own flowers!
The last challenge I want to enter is at My Craft Spot.  I just ordered some fabulous twine and stamps from Kimberly's shop and she is WONDERFUL.  Fast shipping and great prices.  The sentiment on this card is from her clear stamps called Friends and Neighbors.  Wow - I was able to get a lot of challenges out of one fun card!!!  Hope you like it and be sure to enter your own challenges too!  Don't forget that Some Odd Girl has a fun stitching challenge right now - check it out HERE!

19 comments:

  1. Melissa,this is adorable. Kaylee looks beautiful and I love the colors you used. Very pretty flowers and pearl flourish too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the flowers and the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, this is such a sweet card, and your felt flowers are to die for!!! All the soft colors just make it so much more pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow, Meliss, this is wonderful! She is def dainty. I can't believe she's retired hey?! She's so fresh! Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card! I love the flowers you made !
    Thanks for playing along with us this week, at My Craft Spot !
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh this is sooo cute!!! An another must-have-image!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely creation and i love the felt flowers they are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card, love the image and your lovely flowers. Thanks for joining the challenge at My Craft Spot

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous! love the shabby chic feel with the beautiful pearls and precious little felt flowers! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Melissa, you always do such a fantastic job on these little stamps. This one is no exception. She is adorable. I don't know how you do all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous Melissa! I love the soft color and your coloring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is precious! The soft colours are gorgeous and I love the pearl flourish!! That sentiment is a super one as well. I love the Friends and Neighbors set!
    Thanks so much for playing along at My Craft Spot!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card for a girl. Love the colors, design and the flowers. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is super cute!! Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot.

    Hugs,
    Amy
    Scrapping Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Melissa this is so gorgeous! Love the soft colors! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments! :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card Melissa. I love the soft colors and those flowers are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous! Love the colours!

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Aud Sentiments

    Rx

    ReplyDelete
  18. *gasp* this is a STUNNER! love the softness with the colours and the felt flowers. and her SOCKS! where can i get a pair of those? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a pretty card and lovely little flowers! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx

    ReplyDelete