Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Distress Inks and Stamping

Hi ya everyone! I am sharing with you a brief tutorial on using Distress Inks to paint an image at The Bug Bytes today.  I've made a video tutorial to share with you, but first I will share with you the supplied I used to create this fun card.  All supplies were purchased/supplied at iCopic and from Sheila a Close to My Heart representative. Supplies: Distress Inks - Broken China, Mustard Seed, Peeled Paint and Spiced Marmalade Staz-On Paper - Ranger Inkssentials and My Mind's Eye - Stella Rose Water filled brush Adhesive Twine Stamps - Close to My Heart - A Garden
This paper from Ranger worked amazingly with the Distress Inks.  The paper didn't pucker or change at all!  This is amazing really as even watercolor paper changes a bit. 
 This is a very easy technique and can be fun and add a unique twist to your artwork! For more fun projects please visit The Bug Bytes!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. And I am glad you posted your experience of the paper as I saw the video and wanted to find out how the paper works. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card...lovely coloring..great design

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. Love the colors and I always wondered about watercolor and the type of papers you use for it. TFS this beatiful card and technique.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I have an order coming from CTMH tomorrow and I wanted this set. I just don't remember if I ordered it or not. It better be in that box since you have inspired me to use it. Hee! Hee! Perfection every day!

    ReplyDelete