Sunday, July 25, 2010

Christmas in July - Fantab. Cricut Challenge #19

Hey everyone,

Christmas - um, really??? I'm still sorting out summer - so thinking about Christmas was entirely too hard for me. But, Fantabulous Cricut challenge was to make a Christmas card. I decided to give it a whirl and came up with this little card. I love Christmas really and I love blue, silver and white. Most of my Christmas decorations are those colors and I think they look beautiful together. So I decided to go with that for this card. I wanted something that said cold since weather out there has been so hot.

I used Winter Woodland cartridge for this card. I used the snowflake on the scalloped square background. I cut just the scallop with the snowflake by hiding it on my Gypsy . I then welded the word snowy (shadow) to the shadow of the snowflake. I cut out a snowflake in a swirly white paper, and the word snowy in the same. I then took my cuttlebug and cut three sizzix snowflakes in a light blue. First, I adhered the blue scallop to a white card. I added the blue snowflakes next. I popped the word snowy welded to the snowflake. Then I took the extra snowflake I cut and used my nestables to cut a circle in the middle. I tied fishing line to a snowflake brad (I took the brad part off) I got and then hot glued it to the edge of the circle so that the snowflake looks like it's suspended in the circle. I then popped that snowflake up off the paper.


I like the effect, but if I had it to do over again, I would have three snowflakes popped up from the layer below. This would make that snowflake embellishment really look suspended.


Thanks for looking!


Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Melissa! Cooled me right off! LOL Gorgeous design. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about my last post - I was trying to tell you that your card is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful!! The colors are just breathtaking!
    Awesome card!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! I think it's very classy and detailed. Nice job. Thanks for playing along at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! The added sparkle on the snowflake is so pretty:) Thanks for joining us this week at Fantabulous Cricut !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the big font with the gems. Great snowflake too!
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is georeous!!!! I like everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This gave my heart pause as I saw it. A stifled Aw came out of my mouth and I let the rest of it just dribble down my face it is sow awesome. Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful card! I love it!

    Thanks for playing at the Fantabulous Cricut this week!
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful card!! You did a great job on it! :O)

    ps I'm also a follower!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is a wonderful card to behold as I sit in hot Arizona.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete