Saturday, July 24, 2010

Trees - Tiddly Inks Challenge #14 Sketch it


Hey everyone,
The new challenge at Tiddly Inks for the week is to follow a sketch. I've been so excited to use this very cute Tiddly Inks stamp. I also wanted to use my new nestables from Spellbinders, so the sketch worked perfectly for using the circle cut. I used the largest circle and the next size down for the stamp and the outer green layer. Once I had colored the stamp with my colored pencils I printed another digital image on a piece of regular paper and trimmed it out carefully. I layed this over my colored image and took my Stampin' Up Creamy Caramel and sponged over the entire circle which left a nice creamy background with my stamp.


I set this aside cut a 4 3/4 x 4 3/4 piece of cream cardstock that I embossed with my cuttlebug folder birds and swirls on the right half of the cardstock. Next I inked in the same color the edge that was not embossed. I inked the circle the stamp is on and the green cardstock with the same color and layered those. Before adding the stamp I added a bit of burlap and some green hemp to my 5x5 card. Next I placed on my buttons and heart embellishment. I added a layer of these cute leaves from Prima Flowers and popped my stamped circle from the whole card.

I really enjoyed this earthy project. The sentiment was sort of different for me - I could not think of something that wasn't so obvious - so instead I just put a heart - because I do so love trees!!!
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet card! Love the image of treehugger, she is so cute! The leaves on the side are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, I love the metal bling piece...very pretty tree too. :)

    ReplyDelete