Monday, July 26, 2010

Under My Umbrella - Jitterbuggin'

Hey everyone,
  I made this card for the Jitterbuggin' Challenge this week!  Sherri's sketch was fabulous and the rules were as follows:  use black and white with one accent color - (mine was blue my favorite color), use a punch (I don't have any since I have my cricut but I did use a die for some squares so I hope that counts) and use your cricut while following the sketch.    I had been checking out the Frosted Designs website today too and thought I would combine the two for both challenges since their rules were to use a song lyric. 

Now, my friend Jill and I laughed so hard at the song "Umbrella" when we heard Rhianna sing it because she says "under my umbrella, ella, ella, ella, ella" and it's sort of annoying - no offense Rhianna if you ever check my website.  But we did like the sentiment of being good friends and always being there for each other.  So, Jill did some leg work and found this same song sung by Scott Simon - check it out, it is a much better version of the song!  This is how my sentiment came to be and why I'm also entering it into the Frosted Design challenge. 
  The card itself is a 6x6 cut on white card stock.  I also cut the black and white square at a 5 and 3/4.  The image of the child with the umbrella is from Nursery Rhymes.  He has a goose with him, but I cut that out - didn't think it fit.  I also used Indie Art for the rain drops and welded two shadows together for the layered raindrops.  The sentiment is computer generated.  Once I layered the images using Sherri's sketch I thought the card needed a little more.  I took some sparkly blue brads and added three to the corner of the child's image, and then added some sparkly Stickles to the rain drops and the drips on the umbrella. 

I love the effect of the blue on black and white...I think I'll send this to my friend Jill!!!
Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. I too like the blue on the black and white. I'm sure anyone would be happy to get this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute....love the blue with the black and white.

    Thanks for Jitterbuggin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty! Love the stickles on the raindrops!! Just perfect!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute. Thanks for playing with us at FD..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I love the sentiment and rain drops! It just made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card.... Thanks for sharing the story behind the lyric/song.. that was fun to read. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, It's Jen, not Austin. He must have signed in using my computer!

    ReplyDelete