Friday, July 30, 2010

A Thank You


Hi Everyone,
  I have a thank you to give to a great coworker who really did me a favor.  She's amazing - and I really appreciate what she did for me.  I decided to make her a little thank you bouquet.  I started with a peanut butter jar and washed it in the dish washer after removing the label.  I used brown vinyl (which I love by the way - this is my first time using it) and adhered a number of Thank Yous to the glass.  I used every thank you I could find on my cartridges! 

I filled the jar with m&m's and then used Stretch Your Imagination to make the birdhouse.  I was inspired by a card Jeannie Phillips did for the birdhouse with the branches - check her card out here.  I then cut out some birds on Create A Critter and Stretch your Imagination - and added everything to a straw or wooden rod.  Next, I took some pipe cleaners and twirled them around my fingers to also add. 

A quick project that I was able to finish in one night.  It also fits the criteria for the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge.  Make sure to check out their great site! 
Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Melissa, I am sure you coworker is going to be thrilled with your gift. You are truly talented.

    Peggy T.
    www.dailygracecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this!! We had scrap camp at my LSS this week. I got to go two nights. One of them we did vinyl. One of the projects we did was the ornaments. I loved doing it! I'll get photos of the stuff we did on my blog as soon as I get a day off from work. Already told DH that he's gonna have to find a sign shop so he can get me some cheap vinyl! LOL I never thought about using peanut butter jars. I could practice on them! I want to be able to do the etching. Messed up a perfectly good bought jar trying to do that! The little birds and the birdhouse are great. Loooove the colors! I just know your coworker is going to just loooove this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Stinkin' Cute. What a great gift idea. Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet thank you gift:) Very cute!! Thanks for playing along this week at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH I WANT THIS. All those birds are so cute and that little one from SYI is one of my favorites because I like how it is framed. Great gift idea. So much work, someone is going to feel VERY thanked! Thanks for playing with us at Fantabulous cricut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure your co-worker loved this. It is a great idea, and so cute. Great Job! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fantastic project! I love the way you did the bird's eyes that are looking to the side. Did you colour on them, or do the eyes come that way?
    Super thank you gift. It looks wonderful!
    Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this project! I may have to scraplift this Thanks for playing at FCCB! Leigh

    ReplyDelete