Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Thinking of You

Decided to try my hand at the Cuttlebug Spot's Challenge this week after visiting Donna Mundinger's blog (be sure to check her page out - she's amazing).  She inspired me with her card to use my 2x2 cuttlebug folders.  I never use these for some reason, so I whipped them out and came up with this little card.  I used my American Crafts flower paper along with some DCVW solids.  Once I had the paper I had a little trouble deciding what to do next.  However, I have this sheer ribbon in just about every color imaginable.  So I tried something a little different.  I took the ribbons and cut about 1.5inch pieces.  Folded them in half and glued them this way with a tiny glue dot.  Next, I layered them under the flower paper in a little row.  Decided to add another row to make them look a bit fuller.  Added a few blue flower brads.  But it was missing something - so I cuttlebugged the coffee cup with the flower two more times and took my micro scissors and simply cut out the little flowers.  Inked the front of the card with my Stampin' Up blue ink (from the earth tones - can't remember the name) and was finished. 

2 comments:

  1. Really cute card
    I love the color , nice Job
    Patty

    You're invited to visit my blog and sign up to my follower.
    Have a Great Day
    http://dreamscardsbypatty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. So happy and bright. Wonderful choice of colors!:)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete