Thursday, July 22, 2010

Tiddly Inks Blog Hop - Halloween in July!!!!

YAY!!! It's finally here!  I've been waiting and waiting for this blog hop because Halloween in one of my favorite times of year!  I love getting my kids dressed up and painting their faces!!  Anyhow, Tiddly Inks is having a blog hop.  You have to create a project/card using a Tiddly Inks digital image.  I have to be honest I only knew about Tiddly Inks images because of Donna Mundinger.  She got me hooked, so be sure to check her blog as well - she's extremely talented.
I had so much fun with this!  I wanted to use as many of their cute images as I could - in all 5!!!  You might be wondering how five!  Well take a look at this wall hanging I did for my girls for Halloween.  In the picture frame is cute little Annie - Annie's Prezzie
I used a number of cartridges and embellishments too!  Stretch Your Imagination for the trees, keyhole is from Gypsy Wanderings, the table is from Celebrations - it's actually a cake plate, and the frame is from Mini Monograms.  Oh, also the window on the front door is supposed to be a lemon slice from Just Because Cards.  The bowl is from My Kitchen.  Now you might ask yourself where the other images are???  Well the door bell is ringing - DING DONG
TRICK OR TREAT!!!!
The four images from left to right  are Higgelty, Alice in Time for Tea,  Bug - Peek A Boo Bugg and Batty.  All images were colored with Prisma colored pencils and blended using baby oil.  I started by making the inside of the house.  The door was made on George with just squares and rectangles.  I scored the door frame with my Martha Stewart score board.  Once I had the door in place on my top layer, I cut out the doorway and then placed my Tiddly Ink characters in position on the paper behind.  Once they were layered, I placed the inside on the top of the outside sheet and glued it down.  Lastly, I embellished and made the tiny wreath over the door with rafia and some cute spider buttons.  This project was so fun, and honestly it's part of why I haven't done anything else lately.  It's been on my mind since the blog hop info. was mentioned!!!  Make sure to head over to Tiddly Inks for the blog hop - the artistry from the people who are part of the hop will be amazing!!!  I hope you enjoy - I did!!!

38 comments:

  1. Oh my this is just stunning! Your colouring is amazing what a fantastic project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is stunning...I love Halloween...woo hoo!!

    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, you've outdone yourself!!!!! WOWzers, is this ever FABULOUS and the use of all of the images is phenominal! Love, love, LOVE this, girlie! WooHoo! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness.. this is amazing.. and so creative.. just beautiful.. My creation is #8.. I would love to know what you think of it.. hope you hop by.. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beyond creative!!! I love love it!! Awesome job!!!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg hun, that is just so cool, i love it!!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome. So much work gone into this with the lovely coloured images and dp.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, amazing projects, I love how you used all 4 images, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see how you got hooked! I'm loven these images!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow Melissa! My mouth is hanging open....seriously fantastic project. The background is outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow interesting card layout! very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is just sooooo sooooo beautiful! You did an awesome job! I looove it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is amazing!! Love all the images together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This card is a sure fire winner. You've done an incredible job with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! This is just so amazing and creative!! What a fabulous piece of ART!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love all the details that went into this. it looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you used more then one image! So creative and the detail is fabulous! Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! What an incredibly detailed project! LOve all the layers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. omgoodnes Melissa...this is over the top fabulous!!! Wonderfully creative!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the atmosphere you created!!! So bright yet dark!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. so cute, love that you combined so many images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi melissa,

    wow this looks amazing!!! great details by the way.

    greetings femke

    ReplyDelete
  23. Okay this is stunning ;)
    thanks for hoppin with us at TiddlyInk

    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  24. Absolutely A-MAY-ZING!!! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great project and a great excuse to use more than one image! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. it's gorgeous! your coloring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are so talented. I love all the images.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh now this is just too cute for words! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Amazing project melissa, thanks for joining in with the Tiddly Inks Halloween blog hop.
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is so adorable! Great use of images& papers and embellishments! I am lovin' the hop! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is fantastic, Melissa!! All of the cute little characters, and you've made wonderful scene for them!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. OMGosh, this is too clever for words!!!! Such a great idea to combine images, too... something I so rarely do, but now you've inspired me to try!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a clever and fun and amazing and fabulous project! LOL

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, this is great!!! Your hard work really payed off..thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete