Sunday, September 12, 2010

Back To School - Meljens Challenge

Hey Everyone,
  My daughter went back to school this past week and this Wednesday we have a back to school night.  I saw this challenge at Meljen's and decided that it was perfect for the card I wanted to make for her new teacher!  I got two new stamps for this challenge - the back to school badge and the cute stick girl
I did a few things for this card - let's start with the paper - I chose the paper from the DCWV School Stack.  However, the red paper for the apple is just a plain piece of red that I repeated the badge pattern over and over.

  I also chose a thick brown paper for the card base, a light brown for the first apple, and green for the leaves.  In addition I cut out an apple in white for the sentiment on the inside.  I chose the apple from Create A Critter cartridge - I think it's the cutest apple on any of the Cricut carts - but I'm a sucker for Create A Critter! LOL - I connected two shadows for the card base.  Remember to flip one side when doing this on your DS or Gypsy or else your images won't line correctly.  For the red portion of the apple I used the hide contour feature and got rid of the apples cute face as it was going to be covered up anyhow and popped it up from the bottom layer.  I used my circle nestable for the badge I colored with my Copics and then cut a larger circle with my nestable for the circle shadow and popped this up as well.  On the inside I colored the two stick girls (one being my daughter and one being her new teacher) and nestables those as well.

 I added the ribbon to the stem and added some red and green stickles to the leaves and heart! 
Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. Adorable!!!! Love that apple, too. Those little stick girls are sooooo cute!! Awesome card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card it's beautifull. I love everything about it. You did an awesome job.

    scraps-4-ever.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa card is awesome! I love the apple shape card and the layers! Cute cute cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY GOODNESS! Melissa girl, this is adorable! I just sent ya an exciting email, let me know when you get it, I am sure you will!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable, Melissa. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card, love the shape :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the apple shape, and your stamped red bg paper, a lovely fun card. The inside image is adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so very cute, I luv it...I am having a Verve stamps giveaway on my blog, check it out and tell your friends!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful card this is!!! You have really got a wonderful talent with cards! This one is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!! Love the shape, and that ribbon is just perfect! Great job!
    Thanks so much for joining us in our Back 2 School challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
    Dee (Spryte)♥
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, an apple for the teacher lol!! Great project, so much fab detail.
    hugs
    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete