Thursday, December 2, 2010

Birds of a Feather - Meljen's Design Sketch Challenge and Release


Hi ya everyone!
  This week at Meljen's Design we had a sketch challenge - I LOVE sketch challenges because it's so amazing how everyone can come up with something different even following the same basic layout!  Here is the sketch created by our very own DT member Lauretta See:


Isn't it fun?  Here are the adorable new release images too which can be purchased right here at Whimsy Stamps! 


I loved the little penguin with the bird called penguin's little friend.  I instantly thought of birds of a feather flock together! LOL - anyhow, I used Straight from the Nest for the flying bird.  I love splashes of red and with the blue Christmas stack from DCWV I knew the red would really pop.  I had that in mind while coloring my little penguin with my Copics.


This is a 5x7 card.  I layered my papers to match the sketch and cut my image out with my nestables.  I cut the flying birds out on my Expressions in various sizes and layered them, popping out one.  I also cut out this banner from Give A Hoot and stamped You Make My Heart Sing from a little Studio G $1 stamp set.  I popped the middle out and stuck the sides of the banner down flat to give it some dimension. 


I felt like my birds were a little big and I needed to balance the card out a bit so I added this snowflake embellishment and some little buttons with thread tied in little bows. 
Head over to Meljen's this week for the challenge!
Oh and have you heard the news??? Meljen's digitals can now be purchased already colored!!!!  This is awesome for those quicky cards that you need when you forget or are short on time!  They are adorable - here's a great example:


 Also, NEXT WEEK'S RELEASE IS TOO AMAZING!!!  YOU HAVE TO CHECK BACK FOR THAT RELEASE - IT'S ONE OF MY FAVORITES!!!
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Adorable card. I just love penguins! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card could not get any cuter! Fabulous job coloring this image and the little details on teh card make it perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card!!!

    I left a blog award for you on my blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute Melissa! I love the blue and red together and those red birds are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I so love this card!! :)

    ReplyDelete