Friday, June 10, 2011

Yummmm Cookies Layout Created for Another

Hi Ya Everyone!
  Something a little different today.  My lovely friend Sheila from She's A Sassy Lady went to the Dallas Stampede with me.  Sheila and Pam of The Bug Bytes came up with some table games - one of which was to draw names and each person create a layout for another person using personal photos.  The layout was to be put together partially and then the person to whom the layout was created was to finish putting it together.  Well Elizabeth of 217 Creations drew Sheila's name and then almost canceled the trip do to family matters so in the mean time I decided to prepare a layout just in case. Well the good news came and Elizabeth was able to come after all and did a wonderful page of Sheila's grand sons Justin and Gavin making cookies, but I had already prepared this layout. So when it came time to leave I gifted Sheila with these two pages and she finally had the opportunity to put them together.
This is Sheila's post - she also made a great video as she was putting the layout together - if you would like to see the video please stop by her blog HERE at She's A Sassy Lady.
Take it away Sheila!!!
You will love the ease that this layout went together and the detail that Melissa put into it.
Look closely at the letters and you can see she used a white gel pen on each one of them that offered a finished look to the design. She cut these words From My Kitchen.
Look at the letters on this page. They are from Nursery Rhymes and Melissa used the shadow feature and then her white gel pen to turn out AWESOME letters.
Just look at the detail to this Gingerbread man. It looks just like frosting along the edges! And look at the little bow tie around it's neck with the little buttons to finish off the look! Love it!
And look at my embellishments... these great buttons and look at the little cookie cutters they look so real and would you believe it wasn't until I was gluing on the second one that I realized they were actually plastic and not metal! They look that real!
Here is a close up of one of the pages.
And the other.... Don't you just love the look. And if you want a closer look just click on the photo for an enlargement.
I sure hope you enjoyed today's post. I know I sure enjoyed putting together a layout designed by Melissa featuring my grandson's Justin and Gavin. Thank you for your sweet sweet words of encouragement. Your comments continue to inspire me to keep sharing with you.
signature

3 comments:

  1. This page is as cute as can be. I really like the lettering and the cookie cutters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, I love all the details - those little cookie cutters are fabulous
    hugs
    Enfys

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful layout. I love all the detail on the letters and the photos are wonderful. Cute cookie cutters.

    ReplyDelete