Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Simple Thank You - Crafty Creations Challenge


Hi ya everyone!  This week at Crafty Creations the fabulous Amy chose this weeks challenge - Thank you!  Great challenge right?  I love it - we all need thank yous in our stash and this really helps to beef up those NEED type cards!  The Stamp Fairy is sponsoring and oh my such adorable stamps.  She let the design team use a few!  This sweet little image found here was painted with Distress Inks...thought I'd try something different.
These are much harder to work with then Copics and I'm still learning.  I did turn to my Copics for his nose and foot pads.  Once I had him completely colored I fussy cut him and then used some cute Basic Grey papers from the stack Sugared.  They matched SO well the colors I used in the flowers (Worn Lipstick, Mahogany and Peeled Paint).  I  used my nestabilities and cut out pieces for the bear to rest on.
I added a tiny pink ribbon and stamped a Thank You sentiment from Inkadinkadoo with Walnut Stain and used the same to ink the edges of the sentiment and card.  Lastly, I made these tiny little flowers as embellishments!
Thanks for stopping by and check out our challenge at Crafty Creations!  You could win a prize from
The Stamp Fairy!

9 comments:

  1. That is so cute, Jennifer and I just had Stamp Fairy as a sponsor for a quest spot we did and your bear is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!!! No wonder you are on so many DT!!!! Beautiful card as always!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beary sweet card Melissa...one day I am going to be brave enough to try to colour with Distress Inks.. but not yet...love my copics too much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable Melissa! You've done a great job with the distress inks. Love that paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable card! Love the pattern papers you used as well Melissa! Hope you have a super crafty day!
    :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job using the distress inks ... that's one colouring technique that I am still trying to master. Your card is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Melissa this is beary sweet...sorry I couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is just so adoraqble! Awesome card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete