Sunday, July 11, 2010

Tiddly Inks Challenge - Summer Fun with Water, Sand and Toys

Thought I would get a few cute digital images from Tiddly Inks.  Isn't she cute?  Tiddly Inks is also having a challenge - use a stamp that deals with summer fun.  My inspiration actually came from a ribbon I had.  Loved the blues in it and decided to match my paper and colored pencils to that flowered ribbon.  I only used one strip of it in the end which is hidden a bit but I think it's a good little pop of color.  I embossed my navy paper with Cuttlebug Swirls and then took a white marker and colored four of the waves.  I then took my exacto knife and cut along the waves so I could tuck my Tim Holtz Shabby paper corner behind the waves.  Once I colored my little stamp with my prizma colored pencils I used a Zig pen and added a bit of fine glitter to the sand.  I found the sentiment in a set of stickers I have but decided to computer generate the sentiment in a navy to match the papers.  Finally, I pieced it together and added a few pearls in mother of pearl and blue.  I hope you are having a sunny, sandy summer!
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Super cute card Melissa! Love all the detail you've added and you've colored her so beautifully! Thanks for playing along with us at Tiddly Inks Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, this is just PRECIOUS! Don't you just LOVE the Tiddly Inks!? I sure do and your card is FABULOUS! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww this is adorable- love that sentiment- LOL!

    Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute Melissa...so many nice things....love the sentiment and the waves....

    ReplyDelete