Sunday, August 1, 2010

For You - Sketch Saturday #114

Hi everyone,
  I decided to try my hand at a Sketch Saturday challenge using a cute image from one of my favorite designers - Sliekje - who gives her stamps out for FREE!!!  You had to follow this sketch:
I like this sketch - it has nice clean lines and it's fun with the little border on the side.  I first colored my little kitty stamp with Copics.  The rest was easy.  I found some paper in my stash - sorry no name that already had this cute little border and just used that as my border piece.  I used my new Bazzill paper for all of the solids on the card.  I cut little daisy's from Walk In My Garden - shadow and normal cut - I used two flowers and one shadow for each one.  Next, I added a few buttons that I threaded raffia through after layering the flowers. I liked the look of the brown buttons so decided to do the same where the round circles are on the sketch. The sentiment was computer generated and placed on matching paper.

It was a quick card using this sketch.  If you get a chance check out Sketch Saturday and be sure to stop Sliekje's blog for some beautiful freebies!!
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This kitty is just adorable! Love the flowers and buttons. That bg paper is great! :)

    ReplyDelete