Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Awww, Thanks! - Tiddly Inks Challenge

 Hi ya everyone!
  Don't ya just love simplifying life?  I like to make things simple so I can concentrate on family time and crafting - so when Christy asked us to simplify this week on the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog and make a single layered card - I thought hmmmm...interesting and difficult!!!!!  How am I going to use all my gorgeous design papers????  Well I figured I'd start in PowerPoint and Create my whole card.
 I made borders and placed this cutey called Awww Thanks right in the middle!  I computer generated the sentiment as well and printed it all out on my laser printer.  I colored her first and then colored in portions of the border.
 I stamped the bit of scrolling above her and colored that as well.  Last but not least I went around with my gel pen and added little dots to her clothes and portions of the purple border and I was done!!!  I let my Copics do most of the work and I like the way it turned out.
 Christy has a great demonstration of printing out some cards from Tiddly Inks too - so make sure to check that out!   
Head over to the Tiddly Inks store and stock up on a few Tiddly's then head over to the challenge blog and give our one layer card a try!!!
Care about my Copics???


16 comments:

  1. This is adorable Melissa. I love that image and your coloring is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. morning melissa!!! or evening your time!! romfl!!! this is just so cute hun,i love the purples. Hugs Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. PowerPoint, what a great idea! Your card is fab and I love how you created the illusion of layers. Wonderful work! Hugz, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! When I saw this I could have sworn you used DP! Amazing, Melissa! Love it! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute!! Like Donna, I was positive you were using DP! LOL Absolutely amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So kewl. At first glance I thought you used digital DP, but you are too clever for that, you coloured DP and made it look like layers. Too smart. Love the outcome, and how you made her adorable little shirt look translucent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Melissa!!! This is just GORGEOUS!!! I love how it only LOOKS like layers!! Amazing job my friend!! Your coloring is outstanding as well! Fabulous shading!!
    xo
    Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very pretty card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome!!!! Layers without being layers!! What an amazing idea!!! You do some of the most wonderful things with your cards to go along with your fantastic coloring!! I just love this card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nicely done!! So clever of you to do the dots afterward...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. You do such amazing work! Love the card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is so adorable. I love how you colored her shirt to match the purple polka dot dp. Great job. Thanks for the lovely comment at my blog.
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous Melissa! Love the frames you created and I love all the dots on your card!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card Melissa! I love the polka dots you added!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is just fantastic Melissa!!!Love your shading and the dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very creative and well done! I thought it was multiple layers at first so you really pulled it off nicely! :D Always a cute image too. ;D

    ReplyDelete