Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Just Add Coffee - Creative Critterz Imaginations Self Layout

Hi ya everyone!  Today is my day to share at the Creative Critterz Imaginations blog.  This week we are creating layouts about ourselves!  Talk about a difficult theme! LOL!!  My day always starts with a cup of coffee and well without it I'm just not me hence the title of Just Add Coffee!  I used Cricut Craft Room *please note that Cricut Craft Room is open to beta testers at this point and not the public* to design my layout.  Did you know that you can see each element of your 12 x 12 page?  I love this feature.  I can see exactly what I like before I cut and print paper!  What does this mean?? You save paper and time...and who doesn't like that!

Recipe:
Imagine
12 x 12 White Paper
Cricut Imagine Yummy Cartridge
Cricut Mini Monograms Cartridge
Cricut Calligraphy Collection Cartridge
Glitter Glue
Small foam pop dots
Pearls
Sewing Machine for Stitching
I completed each element on the Cricut Craft Room program.  I then turned to my Imagine and sized each element based on the settings on the Craft Room.
I used the layers feature a number of times to separate layers on the Imagine.  For each I added small pop dots to create dimension.
I added stitching, pearls and sparkle to the layout for an extra finishing touch.

7 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! that would be me. This is totally adorable, Melissa! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having had you for a roomie I can totally atest to the fact....
    THIS IS MELISSA!
    Awesome layout - Awesome pages - Awesome photos!
    You are so good at layouts you need to do more of them! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa,
    IT'S A LAYOUT! For those of you who don't know, I have been encouraging Melissa to do a LO for EVER! See, you can do it! And it is absolutely beautiful! We need to scrap together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, your layout is absolutely awesome!!!

    I having visited the craftroom yet, although I've been meaning to for months -- what an inspiration to get my tail moving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet LO! TFS! :-)

    LOVE your blog. It's simply adorable. Loved your videos, too. I am now a follower and looking forward to seeing more of what you have in store!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great layout! I wish I looked that good before coffee!!! Hee! Hee! If I tried to do such a layout, I would break the camera and all of my machines. Hee! Hee! What a clever layout and I love all the colors and cuts! Perfection as always!

    ReplyDelete